According to the standard EN ISO 14122 "Safety of machinery - Permanent means of access to machines and industrial plants" stepladders can offer secure access to heights for angles of incline between 45 ° and 75 °. The preferred angle of incline is between 45 ° and 60 °.
ISO 14122-3 is specifically dedicated to access stairs and stepladders in an industrial environment or for technical and maintenance access.
The following safety criteria are included in ISO14122-3 requirements:
- Minimum depth must be 80mm
- Maximum rise must be 250mm
- Overlap must be a minimum of 10mm
- The clear width between stringers or guard-rails must be within the range of 450mm to 800mm, preferably 600mm.
- A single flight must not exceed 3000mm.
Please contact our engineering department for a detailed review of the technical requirements of ISO14122-3 for your specific project.