Lightweight metallic aluminum staircases are the preferred solution for collective evacuation or access. All JOMY staircases are produced from anodized lightweight aluminum profiles. This high-quality material, despite its relatively high cost per weight, actually leads to the lowest total cost solution:
• Aluminum constructions are very light (only 1/3 of the weight of similar steel constructions), reducing the impact of the material cost per weight.
• Aluminum metalworking and material handling is easier than steel, reducing production costs;
• JOMY stairs are build with transport and assembly in mind (light, ready-to-assemble meccano), reducing installation costs;
• Aluminum constructions require no maintenance (e.g. no protective painting) and have a long life span (over 30 years), further reducing the total cost of ownership.
Aluminum allows distinct options:
• Stairs with a self-supporting structure, as well as suspended stairs
• Burglar resistant counterbalanced lower stairs
• Many types of paneling (perforated sheets, vertical or horizontal profiles, etc.)
• Painting in any desired RAL color (polyester powder coating)
• Many types of anti-slip JOMY steps, guardrails, second handrail for children, access gate, etc.